Friday, October 12, 2012

In My Perspective

This was a quick little one and a half day project (my classes are 55 minutes) which focused on perspective and pattern. The lesson is sort of self-explanitory...I just want to give you a few tips that I used for good results:
1. We used 18" rulers to draw the horizon line in BLACK SHARPIE. I'm really trying to have my students use pencil less because they are relying on their erasers too much. I want to teach them to be confident in their work and to work with mistakes if they make them.
2. We know the difference between reality and artistic freedom. I allowed the students some artistic freedom as they drew their patterns in their "crops"---as well as the colors used.
3. (without showing them) I asked..."how would you draw wind using green, blue, and purple?" and you can see their results...all sort of similar. So glad they paid attention to the VanGogh unit in First Grade! Ha!
This is a great lesson which gives fantastic, easy results.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really neat! What grade level did these?
    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jessica (missyoungsartroom.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! I forgot to mention my third graders did these! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm also using pencil less, for the same reasons. I find when they draw straight off with markers their line work is so much more spontaneous and free.

    ReplyDelete